Monday, August 27, 2007

eclipses and cats

eclipse tonight out here, probably on your planet too

mideclipse around 3:33 a.m. ish

too many endings, that's what eclipses do - clear out - to really do this storytelling justice in my frame of mind - well i can't.

here's to hoping tomorrow i can start at the beginning, which i'm not sure where that'd be, maybe begin gently. the tale of when Ava was playing with the spectres of children past, like steamerpunk on steriods, on the verdigris painted lawn of the sarah winchester house when we were kids, before i got lost beyond the crease in room number 123.... but now for a word from our sponsor:
"I left the humans that very day, to spread the good news. And now I travel from place to place. I have walked for leagues beyond measure. I have starved, sometimes, and often I have been hurt. But I have walked on.

In a metal machine I crossed the cold waters. I have preached to solitary feral cars in empty places. I have shouted my message to the stars from rooftops and whispered it to dying cats in alleyways.

I have spoken to one cat, and to many. And wherever I have gone, my message is the same...

Dream it!

Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. That is my message." - A Dream of a Thousand Cats, The Sandman: Dream Country, Neil Gaiman

where credits due...art from spiritmythos.org

No comments: